It is the mission of the Columbia City Police Department to protect lives and property of the citizens we serve. We will strive to reduce crime, the fear of crime and use proactive and progressing planning to ensure citizens have a safe community to live, work or play. Officers of the Columbia City Police Department will conduct themselves with honor, integrity and high ethical standards while performing their duties.
We are located in Northeast Indiana, 20 miles west of Fort Wayne on U.S. 30. The Department was established in 1922 and consisted of only 3 officers. We currently employ 20 full-time officers, 1 civil and have 4 volunteer reserve officers. We proudly serve the residents of the City of Columbia City.
Trick or Treat Safety Tips
Here are a few safety tips from the Center for Missing and Exploited Children and the Columbia City Police Department.- Don't let children go trick or treating alone.
- Be sure older children us the "Buddy System".
- An adult should accompany young children.
- Accompany your children to every door
- Always keep your children in sight.
- When using facemasks, make sure the child can see
and breathe properly and easily.
- Parents should inspect all treats.
- Dispose of anything that has been opened or has never been wrapped.
*For more tips and fun facts click on our Kids Page for a printable handout.
General Contact Information
112 S. Chauncey St.
Columbia City, IN 46725
Administrative Office Hours
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.